Note Press is an extremely easy to use note system for the WordPress Admin panel. Creating to-do lists, leaving instructions for clients, collecting code snippets or collaborating with other editors and authors are just a few of the uses for Note Press.
Unlike other note plugins, Note Press keeps thing extremely simple by using features familiar to all WordPress users. Simply click on the Note Press admin button and your notes are listed.
Help keep the development of this plugin going and please click the link above and support it on Patreon.
We really hate seeing those plugins with gobs of links to their pro version. So, if you’d like us to keep working on Note Press and keep it FREE… let us know with a donation. Even a $1 buys us a pack of sugar for our coffee! And it’s healthy, donating provides you with karma.
Using Note Press
Using Note Press is extremely easy. Simply click on the Note Press menu item on your dashboard and begin adding notes. If you can manage posts or pages to WordPress, you can use Note Press. Below are some FAQ’s about Note Press for things that might not be obvious.
= Who can see Note Press? =
- With Note Press 0.1.4 (yet to be released), it will depend on the admin settings. It can be configured so that anyone with Contributor access and above can read and write notes with Note Press.
- Admins and Super Admins will be able to see all notes sent to and from all users with Note Press access.
= What’s a Sticky? =
- Note Press as of 0.1.4 will allow you to create Sticky notes on the WordPress dashboard and allow you to chose the color of the note. A Sticky note will be the only way that users, like contributors who have access to the dashboard but do not have Note Press access, can see notes sent to them.
= Can the icons be replaced? =
- Yes. The icons are stored in the Note_Press/public/icons directory. To add your own custom icons, simply upload them to that directory and Note Press will find them. Be aware that Note Press is designed for 16×16 icons. Using icons of any other size will produce unpredictable results.
= What does the search look for? =
- Note Press has the ability to search through your notes. When doing so, it checks for matches in both the title and the contents of the note. The search is not case-sensitive.
= How many notes can Note Press hold? =
- To the limit of your database. Only 5 notes will be displayed in the list at a time though.
= Can media be stored in the notes? =
- Yes. Note Press uses the same editor (Tiny MCE) used when creating posts and pages.
= Can shortcodes be used in the notes? =
- Yes. Although not all shortcodes have been tested, Note Press does process the contents of your notes for shortcodes.